Friday, February 20, 2009
These are all the stuff prepared for tomorrow's Fastelavn party. We are using the Fastelavnsris made by DD in the kindergarten today. DH and her went to prepare the goodies barrel while I cleaned the living area up a bit. I had to remind them constantly not to throw all the sweets into the barrel. Last year, I could see our friends' eyes nearly popping out when they saw the amount of sweets and chocolates inside after the barrel was smashed. Well, we gave the task to DD last year and went off to do other preparations for the party. So, she was happily opening all the huge packages of sweets and chocolates and threw everything into the barrel.
DH gave me a report this morning after he came home from sending DD to the kindergarten. He said EVERY girls there were princesses, except her who was Minnie Mouse. My heart sank and thought of the worst. I thought she might feel like an outsider or weird as she didn't dress up as a princess. Well, he said she wasn't even a bit sad and she was beaming with joy and smiling when she saw that she was the only Minnie Mouse there! All the other princesses kids went up to her and asked whether they could look and touch her dress :0)))
One of the families we invited, will put their twin girls at our house 5 hours before the party starts. They need to drive over to Germany to get some materials for their house building. So, DD's good friends - The Twins will be here at 9.30am onwards while the rest will arrive at 2.30pm. Some people might think it will be stressful for me to have 3 kids running around in the house. Actually, it is not at all. I've had the twins over rather often and I could actually wash the windows while they play together. They always tell me not to worry about them and I may go and do my own stuff. The only time they come to me is when they need help in the toilet or to open up some stuff.
So, it will be a long long day tomorrow as all guests are staying for dinner too. French Hotdogs is tomorrow's menu.
Labels: Fastelavn



This carnival seems so nice (may I have some goodies? )
Twins in your home? you are definitely ready for another one !!! lol I'm sure you can work things out with labor (finding the right people to help you not to suffer that much !!! I heard laboring was so much advance in countries like Holland, Danemark , ... ???)