Friday, February 20, 2009

More Stash Again!



I received 2 more packages this morning. Cross Stitch Gold won on Ebay and HF 2009 book + Danish Flower Thread Colour card. I won the magazines at a very good price and they don't look as if they've been used before. I even think they smell new :0)))

I was rather surprised when I received my HF 2009 book so fast. I paid yesterday morning and I got it this morning. The lady from Ingridmarie is such a sweet and helpful lady. She was very fast at finding out the price for DMC colour card too and she hasn't had them in her shop for a long while. It cost approx. dkk 100 and I would say that is reasonable as I've seen some shops here selling for dkk200. I think I would buy it from 123stitch as I remember I have 2 GCs :0)))

Tove just gave me another brain racking suggestion. She suggested that I leave about 5cm between the motifs from this HF book and also to keep the original colours for all the motifs. She would backstitch the month and the name of the berry for each one according to the book. I thought stitching these 2 would be a bit too much but I love the idea of stitching the name of each month's berry underneath each motif. It is a bit difficult as one of the month's berries has a very very long name. Anyway, I reserved a book from the library called 500 Danish Alphabets by Eva Rosenstand. Hopefully I can work something out from there.

1 Comment:

  1. Chiloe said...
    I love the scarecrow !!! Maybe I'll ask my friend to get one of those to try one day !!!

    I can't borrow any cross stitch books from my local library.

Post a Comment