Thursday, February 19, 2009

I asked my friend, Tove as to how to arrange these 12 motifs. My initial concern was whether I should put accordingly as shown on the book. There is a different motif for each month from this Haandarbejdets Fremme The Year in Cross Stitch 2009. Should I rearrange them? On these 2 pictures, I've arranged them accordingly to the month. She said it will look much better if I put them 3 by 4 rows (which she would do) or 4 by 3 rows and use 2 standard colours for the motif. I like her 3 by 4 rows. So, what do you think? Should I just stitch them as how I arranged. What 2 colours should I used for the whole border? I noticed that green is rather standard for most of the motifs, just that they are in different greens. I ordered the book and HF colour card from Ingridmarie. Her prices are cheaper than any other Danish ONS. I only have to get the DMC colour card. All these conversion works will take me a long time as I have to convert them to HDF silk after that. Wonder when I can start stitching this. Well, I am going to start on 1 first using DMC for the Help Aussie Bushfire Victims.
2 Comments:
-
- Chiloe said...
February 19, 2009 at 2:24 PMI like the one on the left ( 3 X4?) I like the way it looks.- Toast Troll said...
February 25, 2009 at 10:40 PMThose look so pretty! I don't know if you've already figured out your placement of the pieces, but I agree with Chiloe and think the left configuration looks better. :)


