Thursday, February 12, 2009

I received a package this morning. I had been ambushing the 'Postman Per' since yesterday. I know I have some packages on the way to me. I was very disappointed when I saw the postman coming with letters. Taxes again! After half a minute, he rang on my doorbell and apologised for forgetting the package addressed to me. The mailer address is in USA and I was trying to recall winning items from an American ebay seller. I realised it was from Beth when I ripped the package opened. It is really sweet of her to enclose an English book for Frejdis. It is not easy to find children's English books here in Denmark. So, any English books for my 4 year DD is always welcomed.


Enclosed is a fabric which she hand-dyed herself and I am looking forward to use it for some stitching for the Aussie Bushfire Victims. I really need some browns and golden colours for my stitching as they are perfect for the patterns from the Danish crossing stitching books I borrowed from the library. Thank you very much, Beth.

I came to know Beth when she requested for German books on the Christmas Wishing List for Children. Since I am in Germany once a week, it is really easy for me to find some German books for her 2 boys.

2 Comments:

  1. Chiloe said...
    Too bad you are not close to Spain as I am in desesperate need for spanish books for Emma ... lol In our amazon.fr we can order english books at a reasonnable price but that cannot beat my friend Carole used books she brought me in december. I told her to bring me more next time she goes there (I'm willing to pay 6 euros again for 30 books !!! ) You can order from amazon.co.uk otherwise ;-) don't know about shipping though ...
    Yvonne said...
    I do have a neighbour living down the street who is from Spain. She had lived here for many years and I am not sure whether she still travels back to visit her family. She has 5 kids. I have to make friends with her and check it out :0))

    €6 for 30 books, that is really cheap! I can get English books from amazon.de (usually get them to send to my in-laws living in Germany as it is cheaper) as that is where I usually get my English books from but I've checked that their English books for children are not that cheap. EVen the bookshops that sells limited English books cost at least €10 for a small book.

Post a Comment