Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Update

As mentioned earlier that we have friends over for Julefrokost (traditional Danish luncheon). It went really well and we had æbleskiver, cocoa and my Nutella Lagkage for coffee. Monika and I prepared dinner. Monika is real good cook and I was acting like her assistant. I got to say we both work really well together. We had a huge spread of traditional Danish dishes on the table and by the time dh was done with the eating, he was sweating! The twins and dd played really well together as usual. I got to say once these 3 girls are together, they are really wild! We danced around the Christmas tree and was singing German and Danish Christmas songs. We played pakkeleg and they left for home around 9.30pm.

I received a Christmas present from Joy in Singapore. Really nice hand made floss ring she made and also a kit by Dimensions call Cinderella. Well, I actually have this no count kit in my stash for a few years which I bought from cross-stitch-corner.de but never had the guts to start on it due to the fact that there are some speciality stitches.

We went to get a sleigh for dd yesterday but the shop is really full of bull. What they have in the shop is not the same as shown on their brochure and still insisted that it is the same. Those people thought we are not only blind but stupid as well. Then we went to the wrong supermarket to get my full set of plates, cups, etc. Well, let hope we got the time to run to the right supermarket to get them this week.

We went to our good friends' house for æbleskiver and glögg yesterday. Honestly, if I see 1 more æbleskiver, I will puke. DD started her fever last evening. We expected it as the doctor told us to expect a fever within 4 days to 12 days after her MFR shot. Crossing my fingers that she will recover before Friday as Friday is the last day in the kindergarten (though officially, they are closed from 23 but she will stay at home) and they have Waffle-Eating on that day.

I managed to get the rest of the Christmas cards written and sent out this noon while having dh watching over her. STILL! I realised that I forgot to send out 2 cards to my overseas friends!! Typical. Anyway, I finally got a mail from Beth giving me address in USA and sent out the 2 German books to her 2 sons. I am so embarrassed but I have to get it out. I told the post office to weigh and check the postage to USA and it was 499g and she said that will be dkk 74 and I am lucky, as I am still under 500g and if it is over, I have to pay dkk 120. I put in a card and how would I know a card will weigh that much. I was confused too as I was sending few cards and another package to my good friend in CAnada. When the postlady weigh my USA package again, it was 510g. She said I must had put something inside and I insisted no. She gave me a look and said 'maybe a card?' well... I did and didn't t hink of it. So, I ended up paying dkk120 for the postage. I should had send the card separately but it was too late as I've already put the card in and sealed it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment