Saturday, December 20, 2008
I was so excited to start on HAED Remembrance 2 days ago as I've been putting it off for a year now. I may be really excited but my heart wasn't on it at all. I wasn't checking when I was stitching as it was my first time tenting. After 500 stitches, I had to frog some stitches and guess what? I accidentally cut off 2 threads out from the lovely Silkweaver solo! Instead of frogging, I had to rip the whole thing out. I can certainly turn the fabric around and restitch but that is not the area where I want the picture to be. It is a very lovely piece of Silkweaver solo. i can still reuse it but stitching 2 over 2 for another pattern. I sent an sms to Jackie and told her about it. She told me to start on others which are calling me the loudest. I am starting to see her point. I screwed Remembrance up as my heart wasn't in there but just started because I have to. So, I decided to start on HAED Sleeping Beauty. The only plain 28 count evenweave I have is Angel Blush which is close to cream and I am not so fond of stitching a black and white pattern on a light cream evenweave. My only choice is Wichelt Lavender Sunset 28 count Jobelan but Jobelan's fabric is thicker and I am using HDF silks which are thicker than DMC floss. It was reallly frustrating. Well, I decided to try out on this Wichelt Jobelan by starting with 1 over 1 as I am really not used to tent stitching. It went really slow and I tried tenting again and it worked. It wasn't so bad as I thought. Jackie is right when she swears that by tenting, you can really go fast.
I won a Lanarte chart this evening on ebay.de from the same ebay seller whom I won her ER Animals in the Wood chart last month and that is my 2009 goal to start on it. Well, at least something nice to cheer me up after destroying my lovely SW solo fabric.
Hope to post a WIP very soon :0))


