Sunday, November 29, 2009

Birthday

I was so closed to tears on Thursday evening as the cake made for DD's birthday for next day was ruined. The cake broke from the baking form, leaving a huge chunk inside the pan when I tried to get the whole cake out. DH drove out to get some more ingredients for my 2nd attempt in the same evening. I went to bed at 1am and woke up at 4am again.


Ruined Cake

The cake managed to turn out nicely after the 2nd attempt. I actually made the same cake within 2 days - 1 for the kindergarten and 1 for the birthday party on Saturday. It was rather stressful for us on her birthday. We were very late bringing the cake to the kindergarten and 30 mins later, the kindergarten called. It is never a good thing when the kindergarten calls the parents. We almost got a heart attack but one of the group leaders just wanted my recipe for the cake, as well as to borrow this baking pan. We got DD after a few hours later and I took her for our weekly grocery shopping. We were running out of time as her grandfather (the real one) wanted to come over for coffee. People in the supermarket were not co-operative as they were walking so slowly and parking their shopping carts right in the middle of everything.

Things were a bit calmer the next day, even though it was the party. I am never stressed up whenever our friends and their children come over. They always help out by putting the plates away, clearing the table and getting their children to put the toys back before they go home. It was a great party, as always.


Before the over-exaggerating decoration

After my over-imaginative decoration



On the morning of her birthday. Our gifts to her : The hopping thing and Go Go stuff + some from her grandparents who are away for holidays in France.



Looks really empty but her grandfather came with more boxes of these balls during coffeetime.


2 Comments:

  1. Chiloe said...
    Hi there!!

    Hapyy birthday to your DD. The cake looks great: I'm glad you managed to do it right ;-)

    I'm late at answering my mails ... sorry about that ...
    Annie Bee said...
    Glad your second cake turned out all right. It looks great. You can breathe easy now.

Post a Comment