We still managed to do a lot of stuff!! Remember this? I finished it a week ago and was waiting for my Bulgarian friend to come over to help me to sew this into a wall hanger. We managed to complete it yesterday evening. I am still not very confident with the sewing machine and I need a lot of practice. She is a great teacher! The Bulgarian couple left early this morning. They had been staying over at house for since last Thursday. We introduced to them both German and the Danish culture which they really enjoyed.

Not only did Silva helped me with the wall hanger but she managed to find them to do a felt strawberry too! She is really good at sewing. She is quite hooked onto these felt goodies that she wants to try out more when she is back home in Bulgaria. I have to say, she uses her own imagination a lot when it comes to sewing, a very creative lady.

We had this Feuerzangen (the German one). I didn't like it as I find the drink a bit too strong compared to the Danish one. Well, DH loves it. After a cup of this, I lost my voice for a few days. Last evening, I made the
Danish Glögg and
æbleskiver for them as evening coffee and they love it.
We took them to a few places in Germany and Denmark. We went to Tønder in Denmark as the Christmas market started last Sunday. I love this Christmas market, especially
Det Gamle Apotek as the Christmas ornaments are so lovely and I could buy everything inside! Silvia and I bought quite a lot of Christmas ornaments inside here. I think we spent more than an hour inside. We had to leave as our husbands were getting rather impatient.



I hope our guests had fun and we invited them over again during summer. It was an experience having them with us as we learnt each other's culture and food. They made dinner for us yesterday, using the pot given to us by the man's mother. This is one of the best gifts they gave us. It is a very special pot which can cook meat in the oven. I'm already thinking of using this very soon with some meat and vegetables. Before they left, we gave them some gifts too. DH gave him a wireless earpiece + loader for his car. I gave Silva a huge
Hama container that contains 19,000 beads and the mum 2 boxes of the German Lebkuchen. During their stay here, Silva enjoyed doing these Hama beads with our DD and she had never seen them in her country.

I cleaned up the basement after our guests left for the airport this morning. They are very neat people, so it didn't take me to long to clean up the basement. At noon, I made this 3D foam Gingerbread house with DD. I bought 5 different kits from an Ebay seller. The kit is missing some red dots for the house, so I had to use the other colours to replace the red dots.
What a great idea!! One day I may have to try to make one..lol!!
Such a pretty container and gingerbread house! I know you and your guests had a wonderful time!