It took me a lot of courage to get these started. I can stitch but I am not good at sewing. I decided to start on these 2 new things which I've never done in my entire life. I finished this stitching beginning of this year but couldn't find the courage to turn it into an ornament. It wasn't that difficult actually but it is not perfect and I am quite determined to keep on trying until I perfect a padded ornament. By the way, I had the ends of the braid wrongly around the ornament, it should be on top instead of bottom.
It is like a dream come true to make one of these. I bought the CD ROM from the designer few weeks ago. I managed to buy the materials here and there and only when I happen to pass by certain stores that are selling felt. I couldn't even find the sponge and luckily my mother in law had some. Not easy to live at the countryside, eh? It took me a long time to make this felt cake as I have to sew so slowly to get the right spacing. This felt cake is just the beginning, I will definitely make more of them and some felt tarts too.