Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've been stitching nothing else but her for the last 2 days. I can't wait to join her strands of hair to make her look more complete. DH stared at her yesterday and said 'she is done soon, isn't she?' I laughed as that reminds me of Chiloe's comments who asked me the same question. I told him very soon. He said it looks really nice and he too, thinks that she looks our DD - the hair and the sharp chin. This is the first time that he comments on my Sleeping Beauty. He is not interested with my cross stitching, same like how 'interested' I am with his servers, programming and websites.


A big Thank You to Annette who posted on the HAED BB on how to add your name to your works. I hope what I've written is correct. If there's any mistakes, please let me know. People are stealing others' finished HAED works and send them in just to get a free chart. It is really frustrating to know that some people are claiming your hardwork as their own. It is a good thing that HAED decides to stop this Reward Program to prevent all these unnecessary abuse. Such abuse is not only hurting B&M but also to stitchers who spent months and years working on their HAEDs.

I am going to put my Permin Christmas in Town away as I really don't have the mood to stitch on that. Filling in the holes with white is really boring! As I stitched, I kept on thinking whether I should restart it on a white piece of fabric to save all the trouble. Anyway, just bought 2 Lanarte kits and will start on one of them as soon as it arrives. I still haven't decide which hand dyed fabric to use as I couldn't get the 3 Solos on Silkweaver's site 2 weeks ago. WEll, I did get it but my browser shut down the moment I got them into my cart. Still looking for some nice Solos but the last 2 Solos listing are all small cuts. I've also ordered mini spools from HDF for my Permin Aero and Aqua but I haven't order the fabric for it. I did it on purpose, so that it will take a longer time for me to start if I don't have all the materials ready.

Yesterday was just not my day. Our fridge had been making real loud rambling noises for a few days and DH suspects that there could be ice in the ventilator. It shouldn't be as it is a non-freeze fridge. We moved the stuff into our backup fridge in the basement. I spent so many hours searching for the manual and I couldn't find it. Found it online but it is only in German, so DH had to read. When the door of the fridge is opened for a while, it will gives out signal. So, the signal was really going on my nerves the whole day as we had to leave it opened so that the ice can melt. We can't shut down the whole fridge as our freezer will be shut down too.

I went to the library to get a huge Lanarte chart photocopied as a working copy. I had to stand in the queue for like 15 mins as the librarian was busy with someone. Then, a young teenage girl came towards the queue and slowly moved in front of me. I was really pissed! She even gave me a haughty look. When the librarian was finished, the teenage girl went up to her and I told them it should be my turn as she came after me. I've been a teenage before, so back off! I was supposed to pay for the copies and they don't accept Dankort! What kind of library is that? The library in my previous town accepts Dankort. She asked whether I could go and draw some money, come back and pay for them. I told her I don't have the time for that, besides that my DD and DH had been waiting for me in the car like forever. I told her I will come back with cash the next day. After such a bad day, I decided not to cook and told DH to go to McDrive. On the way, there was a car accident and the whole street was jammed. AT that moment, I just want to go home and stay under the blanket.

What's next?

2 Comments:

  1. Chiloe said...
    Worked in the garden again? lol

    You need to explain to me how to add name on my pictures too please.

    I hate when people cut the lines ... Get me really mad. What is Dankort?

    Which chart did you copy?

    For the HAED, it's like the kids: are we there yet? lol How many pages are left?
    Yvonne said...
    Dankort is like an ATM card. What do you call yours in France?

    It is Lanarte Ballet & Music. I am not going to work on the orignal chart. I had to photocopy the 2 huge charts into 6 A3 sizes to work on.

    As for Sleeping Beauty, I am just a bit more and then the last full page will be completed. Then I have 4 small partial pages left. All are slightly lesser than 1/2 page.

Post a Comment