Thursday, January 8, 2009
Took this picture this morning. It is not one of the best views I've seen from our balcony but what I like is the clouds on the uppertop. Click onto the picture you will know what I mean. If you don't, too bad as I just can't explain.
I received a missed call on my mobile today. It was from Tove whom I know on the 123stitch MB. She did write to me last week and asked whether we can meet up. I had been so excited since then. It was awkward to speak to her at first. I guess I just feel weird speaking English to a Dane. We ended up speaking in English in the end. Tove had stayed in USA for years and moved to Japan. She is back in Denmark for the festive season and we arranged to meet on Monday. Best day for me as my fridge is always stored up with lots of food from Friday onwards. I will put DD at home on Monday as Tove will bring her 2 kids along and they can play together. I am really looking forward to see her next Monday. Hope she can find her way to our house. If she can't, then I will put DH on the phone and let him explain. I am so bad at giving directions!! Did that few times when my friends called for directions to our house and I misdirected them. Not very nice language they use when they finally reach our house after DH gave them better and specific directions to our house.
Actually I don't think I am bad at giving directions. The thing is that there are only farms, trees, highways, roads, plants here. Where I came from, we give directions by telling people 'when you turn right, you can see a Mcdonalds or a hotel or this shopping mall, etc' If I have to give directions to the people here, it might go like 'turn right and you will see these black and white cows or pigs or a tree which is like 2m 34.5cm tall.'
Labels: Sunrise


