
My SB as of 16 Jan. I am so glad that her eye took me like an hour to stitch. Unlike Angel of Spring which took me 4 hours. My intention was to stitch towards the left but I've changed my mind as I want her to have her right eye there as soon as possible. That means I have to stitch downwards. I wanted to replace kreinik #4 with HDF B5200 at first as suggested by one of the moderators on HAED Forum but I decided to use Petite Treasure Braid PB10 instead. HDF B5200 looks too white on her face and PTB looks better and also not that difficult to handle compared to Kreinik. It is really horrible to stitch those sparkling PTB with HDF 5201 as they are white and I always get lost while stitching. A lot of concentrations needed for her forehead.
Who just made my day? None other than
Katerina Koukiotis herself!!! The talented artist behind all these beautiful artworks!! She left 2 comments on my blog. My heart was pumping so fast with excitement when I saw the comments. It was the same feeling when HAED charted 2 of her beautiful artworks I requested - Sleeping Beauty and Angel of Spring. It really feels good to have someone as famous as her to leave a comment on my stitching. I was grinning so much while reading the comments over and over again. I always picture her as someone who is always smiling, positive, very humble, extremely appreciative and full of energy. Thank you so much Katerina :0)))))
Thank you very much,
Marie for the comment on my Sleeping Beauty. I am really happy to find another one who loves Katerina's artworks. I will definitely stitch Remembrance one day as I've already kitted her up with HDF silk floss. I am still on the search for a nice hand dyed fabric for her as the last fabric was accidentally ripped off by my own hands. Angel of Spring will be picked up again after Sleeping Beauty is done and I am giving myself latest by June to complete SB, unless something unexpected turns up.
i love all the progress you are doing with the stitch work!