Thursday, May 20, 2010

BIG HUGE STASH!

Just bought these magazines from an old lady - 53 issues of 2009 Hendes Verden when I only need 12 issues of them. The seller is an extremely lovely and sweet 87 year old lady who has a very bad eyesight and legs. So, I told her to just sell me the whole year issue and I will search for what I want myself. After her sale with me, she said she will never do it again. Reason - The whole package was so heavy and she had to get someone to load it onto her walking frame and then unload it at the post office counter. Well, I actually need the whole of 2005 issues from her and some others. She had been a subscriber to this magazine for the last 67 years!
So, what do I do with the rest of the magazines? There are lot of lovely recipes in them and I have to find a day to go through them slowly.
All because of my obsession for these 12 birds. I bought 1 issue from the publisher as the pattern was missing from the issue which I bought from the seller. I think she took that page (at the back of the pattern) to enter into some contests.


My progress of Girl & A Rose. I had to frog her eyes out as I made a mistake. At least, now with her eyes stitched up, she doesn't look so scary anymore.




I wish everyone a great long weekend. We are having a long weekend here in Denmark as we have Pinsedag.

1 Comment:

  1. Chiloe said...
    She must have loved those magazines a lot ! 67 years : a whole life .

Post a Comment