Monday, May 24, 2010

We went on a short vacation during this long weekend. This was actually a birthday gift from my husband. We were supposed to go to Hamburg 2 weeks ago but had to cancel as all hotels were fully booked.
Our first day was at Hafencity. We took the inner city train. Honestly, I've never seen a more completed train zone plan, other than in Hongkong. I have to say, I do miss the city life a lot. It had been a long time since I've seen a busy city, with lots of people and lots of different food.
We went to Miniatur Wunderland. When darken.
With lights.

A minatur open-air concert.
It took us a long time from Hafencity back to the main rail station. We stumbled upon a Spanish restaurant. The dishes remind me of Chinese Dim Sum - all in small portions. I have to say our 5 year old daughter is a real trooper. Not a word of complaint from her when we were finding our way in the city for hours. She got to eat all she wanted at the restaurant. Home made french fries, bread and ice cream. This restaurant really has such wonderful service. They said they will make any food for the children.
We went to Hagenbeck Tierpark (walking distance from our hotel) the next day. I just thought these orangutans are so lovable, especially this one who is often seen carrying his/hers blanket.
Our daughter's up close and personal encounter with the gentle giraffe.
Happiest girl on earth as long as she has her popcorn.
Aquarium which is just next to the zoo.
This python really facinated her so much that she stood there for a long time looking at it.
Of course, she needs to bring a 'pet' home after the zoo's trip. This parrot is her latest companion now.
I stumbled upon Starbucks Coffee when I really needed to find a washroom in a mall. I nearly had tears in my eyes. When was the last time I saw a Starbucks Coffee? 10 years ago? When I was still living in Singapore, there is almost a Starbucks Coffee at every corner. After our dinner at Jim Block, we headed to this Starbucks and had another feast - coffee and cakes.
As much I love the city life, still there are a lot of things happening in a big city. Saw this when we took the inner city train back. My husband said this boy was stabbed and died at this place. It is really sad as he was really young.

That was our vacation and I really enjoyed and made my husband promise me that we will definitely be back there next summer. I am really looking forward to the next vacation which will be in Copenhagen. We will be there when Pippi Longstocking is visiting Tivoli.

2 Comments:

  1. Dani - tkdchick said...
    What a lovely little trip, its so nice to do something like that! I think in the medeterainian cultures meals like the spanish one you had is called Tapas.
    Chiloe said...
    Emma has the same hat ! :-)

    I'm glad you had a great vacation !!!

Post a Comment