She's finally restarted :0)) I restarted her on the 10 Oct 09. She is tent on Silkweaver Iris Garden. I love to time myself each time I stitch a block of 10x10. When I was on the old Angel of Spring (see picture below), it took me 45 mins to stitch a 10x10 block without many confetti stitches (1x1) but this new start, it only took me 1 hour to tent nearly 20x20 block (2x1 tent) - where the blue flower is. I am looking very much forward to stitch her eye which took me 4 hours the last time! Tenting is so much faster.
The old Angel of Spring - 14 May 2008 till 03 Sep 2008
I
thought I told myself I am not going to be a turbo stitcher or at least only 1 HAED at the moment but still it is so hard to resist nice cross-stitching patterns. After seeing this on Chiloe's blog on this De fil en aiguille, I wrote to my favourite German magazine shop, Kreative-buecher, asking whether Martina whether she still has this in stock. I called her in Germany 2 days later when I didn't get a reply from her. Luckily she still had 1 copy left and I bought it immediately. I have to say, for that amount I paid for, this magazine is really good with lots of lovely flowers to choose from.
The schools had a week of Autumn holiday last week but the kindergartens were not closed. Still I took DD out from the kindergarten last Wednesday to visit her grandmum in Germany. My mother-in-law has a few of these hydrangea plants in her garden and I love how she maintains them. I wish I have 1 in my garden too but I know I can never get such large and beautiful hydrangeas like hers as I am so bad with flowers and plants. I was sure that those hydrangeas were in such rich purple colours just few months ago.

For a long while, I've been wanting to learn how to operate a sewing machine. The last time I touched one was when I was 14 years old. During those days, what we had were those with pedal and a wheel on the right hand side. I was so bad with those sewing machines. I am on the lookout for some sewing machines which are very very friendly to people who doesn't know how to use one. It is so amazing to see computerised ones and also those 1-touch button and it will do the rest for you? I want to learn how to make simple cushion covers, bellpulls and table runners, ornaments, aprons, etc. I had been searching for tutorials but my simple mind still finds those tutorials are so difficult to follow. If anyone of you knows of any very very simple tutorials for simple sewing, please leave me a message. Thank you so much in advance.
Christmas is just round the corner. DD and I have been busying doing some paper Christmas ornaments - Paperklip. Love Gitte Schou Hansen's books as the ornaments are really very lovely and easy to make. I bought some of these magazines from Germany too but they are not as good as the Danish ones. I find the templates in those German magazines too confusing - templates' drawings overlaping on one another.