I am quite good with those confetti stitches now. In fact, so used to them that I am going at a great speed with this Santa.

I had a great week. Got lots of things done. Tidied up the whole of the basement, the garage and lastly my stitching room. Ever asked yourself why are you stitching? I woke up one day, 2 weeks ago, asking myself this. I put away so many stuff which I wonder why I bought them in the first place and also my taste had changed a lot. I even have duplicate copies of magazines. After sorting them out, I am selling and giving some stitching stuff away. Not that I am never going to stitch anymore but I just want to stitch another HAED and taking it as my own pace. I've been experimenting with baking and cooking a lot these days too and simply don't have the time to stitch. I am also reading during the evenings. The only time left for me to stitch is during that 1 hour or slightly more before the whole family wakes up in the morning.
DD started in the new sports center last week and she loves it there. The trainers are a bit strict but I think that is fine. I also love the fact that they are doing a lot of sommersaults during their sports hours. I just weighed her yesterday and she lost a bit of weight. I guess she had a bit of her parents. DH puts on weight easily and it is not easy for me to put on weight. For her, her weight goes up and down rather easily.
DH is supposed to celebrate his 4oth birthday in a villa but yesterday we heard from one of our friends that the owner had declared himself bankruptcy last month. We ran through the papers and true enough, there was a news on that in the local papers. That means, we won't be able to get the villa for his birthday celebrations. We are now thinking hard what we can do on his birthday. Of course close friends and family members will be invited over for coffee. We thought of staying over in Legoland but it is soon winter and everywhere is closed. Now I can understand why he is always complaining about being born during winter.
I miss reading too and think it's time to pick up a book again:)
(((HUGS))))
and I hope your dh's birthday celebration place is a happy one for him!
Love the Santa of course !!! I'm sure it's already finished by now ;-)
It's nice your DD is enjoying sport again !!!