Thursday, August 6, 2009

I can't wait to get to her neck and head. I actually prefer to stitch the greens than skin tones. I was working really fast on her dress but started to slow down on her skin. I am extremely pleased with her on this Silkweaver Solo.



I received my Silkweaver Tutti Fruiti yesterday. It is extremely lovely but I think it is too light for Angel of Spring. I want something darker. I could only get some colours out of Tutti Fruiti by taking a picture of it in a very dark room. What a waste as this is the only fabric closed to SMF airbrushed Keenan. Now I have to choose between SW Starquest or SW Iris Garden and I have no idea which one is better. I just thought Starquest looks a bit like night time.


Tutti Fruiti, Starquest & Iris Garden

I had a busy week but fruitful. I started the week by having a major cleaning up of the house. DD just finished her 2 weeks of holidays and is back in the kindergarten this week. I washed all the windows and I am so proud of all the cleaned windows. I know they will get dirty again after a few days as we are expecting rain but still nothing makes me happier than spotless windows! I had been doing some heavy duty gardening job too. I was moving sand (left by the last owner) to another end of the garden. DH wants to make use of the sand for the tiles to build another terrace in front of the house.

DD is invited to another birthday party again this Saturday. It is a boy from her kindergarten who is turning 5. I still think it is weird that kids from the kindergarten are inviting a few kids to their house for parties. It is not a normal practice in Denmark as far as I know. Usually, if someone wants to invite friends from the kindergarten to their house for birthday parties, it will be either an invitation to all the boys or all the girls and not a few of them. Anyway, I went to buy a gift for this birthday boy yesterday. DD told me that he loves nothing else but cars. So, I bought him a 3 storey Car Park. I wanted to buy only 1 thing and some nice bread and dressings from the bakery but I came home with so many shopping bags! I simply couldn't resist the great sale in Germany. Nothing for myself as I couldn't find anything I like but I saw so many nice and cheap t-shirts and bought quite a few for DH.

3 Comments:

  1. Chiloe said...
    I sent you an email with my tutti frutti (named also rainbow sparkle ;-) ) Yes it has the colors in your chart but it is enough dark for you? I don't know ...

    Between the 2, it's hard to choose. DO you have to stitch the white background behind the girl?

    Here nobody will invite the whole class either (too costly ... )

    Rain is here ... grrrrrrrrr ... I always leave some spots on my clean windows: haven't found the trick yet for a perfect clean window ....
    Chiloe said...
    PS: the ballerina is gorgous !!! Can't believe it's almost finished while my squirrel is still a WIP .... :-((
    Cindy F. said...
    Your ballerina is perfect on that Silkweaver piece!! I LOVE the colors in the fabric. Beautiful progress Yvonne!
    I'm horrible at selecting fabric colors, but I'm sure you'll choose the best one:)

Post a Comment