Monday, August 10, 2009

I won the 2nd prize for Small Category under Silkweaver Showcase 2009. I submitted 6 finished works and 4 went into the finals. I had John Clayton Heritage, Vervaco Wedding Hands and Vervaco Young Dancer in the Medium Category and Three is Company in the Small Category. I woke up this morning and received 2 emails from Emma and Chiloe, congratulating me. I thought I won something from the Medium submission as I have 3 there. It is a surprise to see these 3 birdies won me a prize and I am really happy! Not only for the prize but also knowing that my works will be hanging on the Gallery as long as Silkweaver's business is still running makes me very happy too.
You can see the finalists and winners for 3 categories here. There are so many beautiful works on the Showcase and if I am one of the 30 judges, I will choose everyone to be a winner. I got to say Nathalie's Stargazer really took my breath away. Congratulations to all the winners and the finalists and a big Thank You to all the judges ;0)
A good deal if you are looking for lots of DMC floss. Silkweaver just put out a huge lot of DMC floss on Ebay.
I had been really lucky last week. Before I knew I won a prize for Silkweaver Showcase 2009, I won a JCS 2008 Ornament Issue magazine just a day before. My name was picked by a very generous lady who wanted to give this magazine to someone outside USA. I had in mind for a JCS ornament issue for a while but never got the guts to order it or bid on Ebay. That is just so me.... I always think a lot and for a long time if I have to venture into something new (I don't know how to sew). Just few days before this magazine drawing, I was on Ebay searching for the magazines and checking on the postage fee. I am looking forward to receive this magazine as I really can't wait to try out making an ornament. Thank you very much to Ann for having this drawing.
I am still working on my Lanarte Ballerina and moving onto her face and hair now. She is a joy to stitch, though I wanted to rip her face off as I was frogging and stitching few times on that same area. I hope to complete her in 10 days' time.
As for Angel of Spring, I am just not comfortable with any of the fabrics I want to stitch her on. I settled with Iris Garden but still I am not so happy with it as I would like some pinks on that fabric. It is really frustrating as I haven't join in the Thursday SAL since I completed Sleeping Beauty. I really can't find any fabrics under Silkweaver's main range to go along with Angel of Spring, so I will go for the solos and I really hope I find one soon. I received an extremely touching reply from Cindy who is one of the 2 ladies who created this Thursday SAL blog. She told me to take my time to find the correct fabric for Angel as they are not going anywhere and they won't kick me out of the blog, lol!! Thank you so much, Cindy!
DD and DH went to a birthday party of this 5 year-old boy. They had such a great time there while I stayed at home. It is a no-parents party again but seems like DH got really friendly with the parents and was asked to stay. I used this time to pack my stitching room and did a bit of stitching.
One of the stores in the next city is having a huge sale on winter clothings yesterday but DD and DH had to choose to oversleep yesterday. It was really nerve-wrecking as I knew there would be so many people. The store opened at 10am. We arrived there at 10.10am and already the whole carpark was already packed with cars and people were queuing to go into the huge store with their shopping carts. This is the time we start to stock up winter clothings for DD. I had a long list of stuff to buy there but there were so many people and we stood in the cashier's queue for almost 45 minutes. We bought the necessary winter clothings for DD and went home. I wanted so much to buy some stuff in the supermarket as the coffee, whole chicken, flour, etc were really going at such great prices but I am not so fond of the crowd.
Labels: Silkweaver Showcase 2009


