Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I really can't put this project down as it is such a fun stitch. There had been froggings here and there a bit but still it had been a pleasure. I am starting to worry about the wreath as I am quite unsure about the candles. 1 of the symbols can be either a backstitch or a full stitch of 1 certain colour. I will see as I move along. I am also changing the krenik to other floss as I am not a krenik fan at all.



My brother-in-law was here last Sunday and this is the progress of both he and my DH's hardwork from morning till late evening. DD thought they are building a playhouse for her and she got so excited. Now, DH is trying to make my brother-in-law to help him to build a playhouse for her. Wish my brother-in-law can be a full time carpenter but he is a full-time fireman. He had an education as carpenter for 3 years before becoming a professional fireman.


I haven't been sitting on my butt on that day too. DD and I were baking bread and tried out making Kanelsnegle which didn't turn out well. I was totally kaputt at the end of the day as I am down with a bad flu. I am always telling people to drink lots of camomile tea whenever they have a flu but I never do that myself. I drank 2 cups yesterday and at least for once in 1 week, I am not coughing so much, though my nose is still bleeding a lot.






My coming weekend is going to be really exciting. DH will be away for a festival. So, DD and I will be baking again!! It is a tradition every year for my husband to gather with some of his friends (for the last at least 15 years) to have breakfast at one of the houses (last year was at ours) and they start drinking after breakfast. Then, they will drive with a cab to the festival, enjoying the music, food and drink the whole day. Not some kind of modern music but more like folk music and Irish music. At the end of the day or the start of next day, they will all share another cab to come home. I've been to this festival with them once. I only started drinking at 1pm and got drunk at the same time with them!! Imagine they started after breakfast. I am not a good drinker and I get tired really fast. Since then, I rather do other more relaxing stuff rather than all the walking and drinking. Just a note to anyone who might think that the Danes are alcoholic if they are drinking the whole day but they are not. They are doing it once a year and some doing it during other festivals or birthdays or weddings. Drinking is a culture in most European countries and I will only consider an alcoholic as someone who drinks every day but then again, it all depends. I was drinking a lot daily too right after my birth. It was Hvidtøl and this beer is only available in the market during Christmas season. I was lucky to have so many bottles of these Hvidtøl during my 5 days stay in the hospital as I gave birth to my DD in late November. Hvidtøl is known to help new mothers to produce more milk :0)))

4 Comments:

  1. TammyK said...
    You're making good progress on L&L Spirit of Christmas. It's looking great :o) Sorry to hear that you're sick though. Hope you get well soon!
    Chiloe said...
    They give beers to the new mother in the hospital if they deliver at christmas time? :-o ???????

    Love your Santa ;-)
    Cindy F. said...
    Such pretty progress on your L&L!

    Your beer story is fascinating!

    Hope you are feeling much better very soon!
    Dani - tkdchick said...
    Your WIP is looking good!

Post a Comment