Thursday, May 7, 2009

I finished 1 more page today. It is actually one of the last 4 pages which are all slightly less than half a page. I never thought I could finish this page by today. I was concentrating on her so much that I could feel cold sweat on my back. Thank you so much for the comments for the last update which was just 2 days ago. I got an extremely lovely comment from the artist herself - Katerina Koukiotis . It feels like having my first morning coffee at 5am in the morning - nice, fresh and warm feeling :0)) I hope I can finish her by end of June, this year and will present a picture of her to Kat to put on her Fan Gallery. I am going to post her on our HAED Thursday SAL . I am so glad that that blog was started. It is such an E&E blog (Encouraging & Enabling). The ladies there are absolutely wonderful who have nothing but encouraging and kind comments to all the HAED Wips posted there.

I received another wonderful email this morning (yes, wonderful things always happen early in the morning :0)). It was from an extremely lovely Japanese lady whom I know through Ebay. Ebay does bring people together, don't they? Chie told me she has a very very nice Japanese cake recipe for me and she will translate it from Japanese to English for me. She has 1 condition and that is I have to share another great recipe with her. I am thinking of the Danish Drømmekage. I haven't made this cake for a long while but I have to search for the recipe which a friend of mine gave me some time back.

It is a holiday in Denmark tomorrow - St. Bededag . Since it is not a holiday in Germany , we will do our weekly shopping there tomorrow. We will be celebrating Mother's Day this Saturday at my inlaws. We would very much like to celebrate on Sunday, which is the actual day but my father in law travels back to his workplace (4 hours drive) every Sunday at noon. We will have coffee and followed by dinner at a local restaurant. My mother in law and I will each bake a cake for that day.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

2 Comments:

  1. Chiloe said...
    Mother day is on june 7 th here this year. We may take my mom to the restaurant.

    I need to check this HAED blog because I admire ALL HAED stitchers (not only you !!! lol )

    I hope you'll share this japonese recipe with us. Have you baked it yet?
    Yvonne said...
    I will put that date on my calender :0)) I am wondering why there are different Mother's Day in different countries. I always thought FAther's Day is 16 june but it is not in Germany.

    I think that lady is still translating the recipe for me. I am really curious to know what Japanese cake it would be. Any nice French cakes to recommend? Nothing with marzipan or cinnamon please.

Post a Comment