Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

Started these Hama ornaments last Saturday with DD while dh was trying to get over his hangover after an evening out with his brother and the friends. We thought of making some ornaments (as if we don't have enough) for our new tree this year but DD changed her mind and decided to give them to her grandparents and great grandmum instead. Just hope we have enough time to make more as our programs are so full till end of this year.




So, this my L&L Isabella's Garden with colours changed. The first time when L&L released this, I've never liked it. Not sure why, just thought something is weird - maybe too many colours on her dress? Then I saw a finished Isabella's Garden on the L&L forum and she looks so gorgeous. I realised that the problem is the fabric of the original, too dark and dull. I am not so talented as to make the whole change. I got the conversion from a lady by the name of Coral who is stitching her Celtic Summer with blues and pinks. I am not so happy with the flowers on her dress (using the original colours as shown on the chart). I would prefer to use the pinks which are on her ribbon but then again, I am a bit afraid that I will get stucked as the middle dot on each 'flower' on the skirt has 3 different shades of dusty rose. This one is really going slow for me as I have to check constantly whether the whole dress looks right. I am thinking of changing the hair colour too, to darker shades as the hand dyed fabric I am using has quite a huge area of brown and I just don't want her head to get drown in that fabric. I just hope her head will reach the darker green part on the fabric (as how I planned), so that I don't have to change the hair colours too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment