Thursday, April 15, 2010

1 child done and 6 more to go. At least it is easier to stitch 6 children than making them ;0) I love the reds and really enjoyed stitching this girl. My main problem is the backstitching, as on the kit, it says use 1 strand for backstitching. However, when I look at the picture, it seems like 2 strands had been used. I did use 1 strand for her mouth but it didn't turn out good and changed to 2 strands. I will do the same for her eyes too.




My kit arrived this week. This is a SAL with Jackie who has already started hers as she received hers about 4 days before me. I am going to replace the fabric in the kit with a SW fabric. Luckily for my 'fabric supplier' who found 1 SW fabric that might goes with this project. I hope it will arrives by end of this week.



I received these 4 beautiful pictures taken by my dear friend Michiko. I've always love the Japanese cherry blossoms and it had always been my dream to travel to Japan to admire them in real life. These pictures are so well taken by Michiko and they are really beautiful. Thank you so much, Michiko. I am also very happy to know that Michiko is back to blogging after taking a short break.










We went to the funfair in Germany last weekend. DD was really excited. We played and ate a lot during our 5 hours there. Very soon, she will be going to a real funpark in Copenhagen - Tivoli. We really need a few days here and there for short holidays during this summer. We had been working constantly on the house every summer with no breaks. Another place where we've planned is the Hagenbeck in Hamburg.



Very empty funfair as we arrived 45 mins before it started, just to avoid the heavy traffic and not able to find a parking space.







We've had great weather for the whole of this week. I finished washing the last windows today. Took me 3 separate days to finish all the windows. That is the price to pay if you want a very bright house. We bought DD a bicycle, so that she can start learning how to cycle during this summer.
We are invited over to our friends' house for dinner tomorrow. I just came to know that we have to bring some extra clothings as we will be doing something outside before or after dinner! I hope not too much walking. DD is really looking forward to go to their house tomorrow as she gets to meet their twin girls who are her good friends.
I've just ordered 2 boxes of ice cream and they will be delivered this Saturday. DD had been asking her friends in the kindergarten to come over to our house for ice cream. Arrangements had been made with the parents and they will come by next week. I have to stock up as I'll never know which child will ring on our doorbell, saying they've been invited for an ice-cream :0))
I wish everyone a great weekend and great weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment