Saturday, January 30, 2010

BOOKS

My Maki Sæki Le Cartonnage arrived in my mailbox this morning. I was so excited as I knew the book from Michiko is here. If you go to Michiko's blog, take a look at her gorgeous works.
It is like a dream coming true to owe this book as I didn't know where to buy this book anywhere in the world, except for Amazon Japan. Luckily, Michiko was so kind enough to help by purchasing it and sending it to me in Denmark. Thank you so much Michiko not only for this but also for helping me with some Japanese translation for a felt sweet book I have. She gave me 2 recipes for Chawa Mushi and Sushi Rice as she knows I love them a lot. There are so many wonderful projects you can do from this book. It is simply beautiful! I have to sit down and 'study' the book, just like what I did with the last Japanese book.




I've been a great fan of Mia Dolan ever since I watched Haunted Homes on Zone Reality. I won these 2 books from a UK Ebay seller last week. I regretted not buying her Mia's World and I think it went off without any bidders. I sent her a mail, asking her whether she could list it again and put a Buy It Now price. Not sure whether she will do it but she is more than happy to relist the book for her brother if I really want it. I finished The Gift and it is really a great book, talking about Mia's earlier life. She is an extremely strong and determined lady. I am 1/4 done with Haunted Homes. Too bad my husband doesn't believe in ghosts. He told me why would people want to spend money hiring a medium when their lights are going on and off for no reason. He would had used the money to hire a good electrician instead.

I thought snowy days are over when we had a few days of sunshine and snow was melting. Seems like it is still not over as we had really heavy snow for the last 2 days.

29 Jan 2010



29 Jan 2010

See what greeted me this morning when I opened the main door. Thank god we have a door to stop all these unwanted visitors. Since we had so much snow everywhere in the garden, we built a small slope, so that DD can slide down from it. I guess she thinks it is more fun to throw herself into the snow rather sliding down.


Thank you for your lovely compliments for my last post, especially on my felt sweets. My cousin sent me a mail after seeing them on my blog and asked me for the recipe. I was confused at first as I don't remember this cousin of mine is so much into craft works. I think she mistaken them as real sweets!

2 Comments:

  1. Annie Bee said...
    I can't wait to see what you make from the book. Love the snow pics.
    Michiko said...
    You are very welcome! I'm so happy I could help you!: )

Post a Comment