I made this felt cake stand yesterday. It took me a while before I got the courage to give it a go after buying the pattern from the designer (Sweetie Pie Bakery). I am not a big fan when it comes to tons of instructions. The pattern I bought has more written instructions than pictures to show the steps. Luckily I made a felt box few days ago and using that, I used my own instructions to make this cake stand and referring to this pattern instructions from time to time.

I received my Basic Felt Sweets book yesterday from a Japanese seller. I spent so much time looking through the book and thumbs up for this book. It is a great felt sweets book for beginners with step by step pictures showing you how to make the cakes/sweets. Though I got to say, not all sweets come with step by step instructions, you still have to use a bit of your imagination. Really love this craft book and there are so many others which I want to buy and try out. I've been cutting down on my cross-stitching since I started this felt crafts work. I am just not in the mood to do any other cross stitch works, except for my current HAED. Btw, Angel of Spring just got her 2nd eye ;0). Will post a picture once that page is done and it won't take long actually.


I need some help here. What do you call that 'raspberry' thing (between the kiwi and the strawberry). I am buying rhinestones now as this book requires quite a lot of them but I have no idea where to start my search from when I don't have a clue what that 'raspberry' thing is called. It is formed with some beads together but I am sure I can buy these as a whole.
They all look good enough to eat.