Postman is sure early today, especially on a Monday. I received 2 packages in my mailbox. It is a set of Hi-5 DVDs Dance Hits with 3 volumes. DD loves the Australian Hi-5 a lot and she loves to dance to their songs too. So, I got the help of a very nice Australian lady to get them for me as I want the DVDs to be part of her 'egg hunting' during Easter at her grandparents' house. She also enclosed some chocolates in the package. That is so sweet of her. I can't wait to see DD's reaction when she find them during her 'egg hunting' . The last time when she received the Hi-5 CD, she was so excited and was showing her aunt, uncles and grandparents the CD.


This is another package I received today. Chinese 100% silk floss. Quite a disappointment. If you are a HDF fan, don't go for these type of Chinese silk floss. According to a good friend of mine in Oz, she said there are different types of Chinese silk floss and some of them are really good, so I just have to keep on finding the right ones. This small motif was stitched with DMC floss a couple of weeks back. I decided to try out with Chinese silk floss. What is so disappointing is that these Chinese silk floss is not so smooth like HDF silk. I took a picture of 2 different silk. The top one is HDF silk and the bottom one is the Chinese silk floss. If you look at the Chinese silk floss at the bottom, a strand seems seems so fuzzy and also they stick onto my fingers like mad. HDF silk is really smooth and no fuzziness at all. Luckily I only ordered 11 skeins of them to try out. I did a test stitch. It frays so much and even worse when I tried some frogging. I can't see any sheen in them when they frays so much. Not even DMC floss frays that much.
Boy the difference in the silks are really noticable. I will remember this when I look for silks.
~Kat~