Thursday, March 5, 2009

M.C. Escher Sky & Water I

This is what DH brought back from my inlaws yesterday evening. I won this used chart on the German ebay few weeks ago. Haven't got the opportunity to take it from my inlaws since all my won ebay items on ebay.de are usually sent to my inlaws in Germany. I had been eyeing this for a while and lost the bidding twice on ebay. I am really lucky this time to be able to win this. This is called Sky and Water I by the famous Dutch artist Maurits Cornelis Escher. The first few times when I saw a picture of this on Arts and Designs, my first thought was HDF silk and a nice hand dyed fabric from Silkweaver. However, after staring it for a few months, I doubt a hand dyed would worked on this sampler, though I am still sticking to using HDF silk to replace the DMC floss listed. I thought if I look at the original chart, I might be able to come to a decision whether I should use a hand dyed fabric. The fishes in the 'sea' are backstitched, that means the hand dyed fabric will be shown through the fishes. Another reason is also because it is like changing a very old and famous artist's work and all significance for this painting would be lost. So, I guess I will use a cream or ivory colour fabric for this pattern.

I started my Permin Christmas Town SAL 2 days ago along with sjoei and Jessie . We will post our wips every 2 weeks on our blogs. It is really nice to stitch a project with lots of colours for a change. I am not abandoning Sleeping Beauty. I've never been good at rotating 2 projects at the same time. I will try to rotate these 2 projects weekly and see how it goes.

A big THANK YOU to Chiloe for helping me out with changing of the backgrounds for my blog. From the links she gave me, I found so many nice backgrounds. I will go through them again and put up a background for my blog.

To all HAED stitchers : Cindy and Wendy created a blog for all HAED stitchers around the world to gather together to stitch-a-long, encourage, inspire, learn from one another and build friendships along their stitching journeys. I am very happy that such a blog is created. Every now and then, I just don't have the mood to stitch on my HAED but just a small encouragement really helps me to pick up that needle and put in those tiny stitches again :0)) . Besides that I can see a lot of nice wips on the blog.

2 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    We will cheer you to pick up your HAED. Can't wait to see your progress on it!
    Joke said...
    Yaaay, dear friend, I found you here! We both joined the HAED SAL :) I will mail you in a couple of days, coincidence or not, I have been thinking about you lately!

Post a Comment