

This is what I had been working on the last 3 days. It is my very first finish for this year and also my first try on linen. I think there is no difference stitching on lugana and linen. This is one of the berries from Haandarbejdets Fremme 2009 Year Book. I am very happy with how the colours turn out after changing some of the DMC colours. I have no idea what kind of linen is this. I took out this piece from my Vervaco Idyllic Garden kit. On the kit, it says 100% cotton and I seriously doubt so as this is definitely a piece of linen. It looks like 27 count or 28 count, no idea as it is not stated on the kit too. I want to stitch the rest of the 11 berries on a 25 count linen. I have to match the Danish Flower Thread for the other 11 berries before I can start and then to HDF silk or Chinese silk.
This is also my first finish for the Aussie Bushfire Victims. I am thinking of making this into an ornament myself. No idea where to start.... maybe JCS Ornament 2008? Hopefully they have some instructions and pictures how to make stitched works in to a simple ornament.
Great news! I found my mailbox key! I found it in the washing machine 2 days ago.
DD's gym has ended for this season and they have a performance this weekend. Got to check what other activities we can put her in during this season. There are not many activities around this time as it is spring and they will only restart during Autumn. We are thinking of putting her in the handball club. Hope she is old enough to join.