Saturday, July 18, 2009
Thank you so much for the lovely comments for my completed Sleeping Beauty. I was a bit lost after she was completed as I've mentioned, she is the first one I picked up almost every morning after my coffee and morning papers. It just feel weird not picking her up after she was completed. No, I am not going to stitch another one again. I hardly never stitch the same pattern twice.
I took a short break after finishing HAED Sleeping Beauty. We had visitors over to our house, as well as attended a birthday party. After recharging my batteries, I am ready to get back to the real life and that is stitching! I am RESTARTING Angel of Spring. I've chose SW Starquest for this Angel of Spring without background and wings. It is not easy to find a fabric that looks like SMF Keenan. Mindy did an airbrush Keenan for me just for this project 2 years ago. It contains all the colours of the flowers in this pattern. 2 reasons why I don't want to continue her on this fabric is that, it is an Opal fabric and I hate the sound which the thread makes when it is going through those metallic thread in the fabric. Second reason is that, it was done 1 over 1 and after doing tenting on Sleeping Beauty, I am so addicted to tent stitching. Jackie and I will restart our HAED on the 1st August. She is restarting her Wizard's Emissary
I haven't find the fabric which I want for my Lanarte Ballerina, so I will stick to the original choice. It is a piece of SW Solo. I hope the dress doesn't get drowned into the blue but I will start with the bottom of her skirt and see how well the colours turn out. I hope to put in my first stitch by tomorrow morning. It is a SAL with my good friend Jackie who is already halfway through hers. She is using the original hand dyed fabric that comes with the kit.
I've been bidding quite a lot on Ebay and buying kits from ONS which are having really great sales. Little Girl in a Field of Flowers is one of them. I didn't even like her at first when she was released. I guess it is because she doesn't carry a smile on her face and looks rather grouchy. Well, I bought her as the ONS was having such a great sale. Who can resist a great sale? She actually looks really lovely closed up and extremely sweet. I am thinking of stitching on a hand dyed fabric which I bought from Crossed Wing last year. It is call 'Flower Power' fabric as Paula dyed this fabric for her Flower Power pattern. I doubt this Little Girl can squeeze into my FQ fabric. Either I have to get Paula from CWC to dye a bigger piece or find some other hand dyed fabrics. I do wish SW can make such duo colours as I only go for her fabrics. 
This is one of the Lanarte which I won on Ebay. My first thought was to get a red hand dyed as it reminds me a bit of HAED Amaryllis. Well, we will see when I decide to stitch this as I thought a blue hand dyed will look fabulous too. 
DD is invited to a summer party today. She is invited by one of her friends from the kindergarten. This is her first time to a children's party without the parents. Of course, we will stay a bit with her until she warms up to the people there. We are really excited to know how things will turn out. She is having a week holiday next week as the kindergarten is closed. I will bring her to grandmum's house again by bus and train which she really enjoys. We are also holding a party next Saturday, inviting 2 families over for lunch and coffee. I have to think of another theme as it is always Princesses Party for these 5 girls and it is starting to get a bit stale.
Have a great weekend!



Sounds like you and dd are having a wonderful summer:)