Monday, July 6, 2009
Stitched on 28ct Wichelt Jobelan Lavender Sunset
using HDF Silk
Started 18 December 2008
Completed 06 July 2009
Artwork by Katerina Koukiotis
Charted by HAED
It is a mixed feeling when I completed. Happy and ..... sad? I mean I've been working on her since 18 December 2008, of course I have a lot of feelings for her. She is the first thing I pick up almost every morning after my coffee and newspapers reading. I have to thank the original artist Katerina Koukiotis, my friends Chiloe, Jackie and the stitchers from Our Friends' HAED SAL for their lovely comments and encouragement while I was working on Sleeping Beauty. A picture of the completed work will be sent to the artist herself right after I post this and hope she will put it on her Fan Gallery.
Which HAED to start next? I am still hoping so much for Kat's Mermaid's Touch to be charted by HAED as that is the only one which I would really love to start on immediately. OR should I continue with Koukiotis Angel of Spring while waiting patiently for Mermaid's Touch to be chart? I have so many non-HAED which I really want to stitch but I am too lazy to kit them up. Well, I can start on my Lanarte Ballerina but I still can't decide which hand dyed fabric to use. I think I need to go to my stitching room and try to listen which project is yelling for me.
We had really great weather here in Denmark for the whole of last week. Luckily for the new family-size pool we bought, we could take a dip inside whenever we feel too hot. DD had been inside the pool almost everyday and she loves it. We had my brother-in-law and his family over to our house twice. They travelled from Stuggart and are on 3 weeks holidays at my in-laws. DD starts her 1 week holiday this week and I will bring her to her grandmum's house by taking the bus + train somewhere this week.
I had been clearing lots of rubbish at the background last week and the whole area looks really neat and clean now. I think summer is over.... or not? Weather forecast says it will rain the whole week and temperature is going down.
Have a great summer!



I'm just speechless and in awe how beautiful , detailed and gorgeous your stitch work is !!! I feel honored as an artist you stitched my art by hand !! this is amazing and i love it , please feel free to send it to me so i can post it on my website, thank YOU so much for all your support, it really does mean a lot to me to see people create such beautiful work,
have a lovely summer,
all the best to you and your family
*hugs*
~Katerina~
Jackie x